Working to end bullying and spread kindness.
The Judgement Free Generation® is Planet Fitness’ philanthropic initiative designed to combat the judgement and bullying faced by today’s youth by creating a culture of kindness and encouragement. Together with BGCA, Planet Fitness aims to empower a generation to grow up contributing to a more judgement free planet– a place where everyone feels accepted and like they belong.
To date, Planet Fitness franchisees, staff, and members have:
- Contributed more than $4 million to nonprofit partners
- Reached more than 1,200 Boys & Girls Clubs in all 50 states with staff and youth trainings
- Awarded $275,000 in scholarships to youth who promote acceptance and inclusion in their communities
- Built more than 20 Mini Judgement Free Zone fitness centers in select Boys & Girls Clubs, providing youth with inclusive spaces where they can work out
- Volunteered at Boys & Girls Clubs throughout the U.S.
About Planet Fitness
Founded in 1992 in Dover, N.H., Planet Fitness is one of the largest and fastest-growing franchisors and operators of fitness centers in the United States by number of members and locations. The Company's mission is to enhance people's lives by providing a high-quality fitness experience in a welcoming, non-intimidating environment, which they call the Judgement Free Zone®. More than 95% of Planet Fitness stores are owned and operated by independent business men and women.